BE 12.5 : Job status:Ready:no idle devices are available
Causes : Power cut, Driver Installation wasn’t followed properly
1. Reconfigure the device in Bsckup Exec:
2. From Backup Exec | Devices Right Click the device/library | Properties | Uncheck “Enable device for backup Exec” Right click and delete the device.
3. Power cycle the device and the server
4. From :\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT
5. Run tapeinst.exe
6. Install Veritas tape drivers 275676
7. Check the results.
If you are using an autoloader : Use the menu/command key on the front panel, and arrow keys to get to the administration area so you can change the scsi id, or change the SCSI ID.
1. change the scsi id for the robotic library to something other than 0, and the the actual drive to something else between 1-6…
2. remove the devices from symantec..including the standalone device…you’ll have to cancel pending jobs first….possibly even reboot the machine…
3. remove the devices from windows device manager…
4. refresh devices, windows will re-install it automagically…
5. re-run the device configuration wizard in symantec…choose “only install drivers for devices that don’t already have drivers installed”
6. verify all your jobs are still pointing to the “all devices“…or at least the specific device listed..as the number may change… for example… ”Certance2″
7. try it again…